Wednesday, February 9, 2011

6 Degrees - and I'm not talking separation

This is a picture of the instrument panel on my car last night on my way home from the gym. Yup, it says 6 degrees, fahrenheit. That's pretty cold and it's supposed to get colder. But it reminds me of a few cool things about my car (and cold weather):

1. It is six and a half years old and still on the original battery. It sat for four days through temperatures in the low teens without me driving it anywhere. And the battery still had enough juice to start. That's pretty good.

2. It was nearly out of gas, so I filled the tank. I checked my records and the last time I got gas was November 28, 2010. Amazing.

3. It only has 53,194 miles on it, despite a number of round trips between Philadelphia and Nashville, then Philadelphia and Chicago.

4. It has heated seats! And during a cold spell like we are having in Chicago now, heated seats rock.

5. At -40, the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales are equal.

6. At -40, you can pour water out of a cup and it will hit the ground already frozen. Try it sometime.

2 comments:

  1. This pic is cool. I was looking for other speedometer pictures on here to see how many miles you've driven since moving to Chicago, but couldn't find one. What do you think? 1,000 miles in the last 2 years? Mostly all spent on your first blogged trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. regarding #6, does it make a difference how tall you are? because maybe a really short person's water wouldn't have time to freeze.....

    ReplyDelete