Monday, December 13, 2010

Wissahickon

This is a not so great photo of a great place to run just outside of Philly. I used to make the short drive out to the Wissahickon with Inde. We'd jog into the park and up onto the singletrack, where I'd let Inde off the leash. She loved it! She would run ahead of me then race back to me, so it was like she was running twice the distance! The trail took us down along the creek and on warm days she would jump in for a swim. Even though I like running at Argonne outside of Chicago, this run is a little more spectacular - steep hills on either side of a creek with cute stone bridges every half mile or so. I miss running in the Wissahickon. I like Argonne, but it's more crowded and just not quite as beautiful. Point Philly.

Philly 8; Chicago 3.

3 comments:

  1. The bias in this blog is getting out of hand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pip. It might be time for an intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? Are you saying that you haven't found one location along your many miles of many runs that trumps Philly? -rs

    ReplyDelete