Sunday, January 3, 2010

More needles on the tree or the ground?


The Christmas tree was really nice. It smelled great for about three days, and then it started losing needles. Every time someone came to the door, the dog brought over a giant stuffed toy and spun around in circles, knocking even more needles off the tree, but only on one side! (She would have broken some ornaments, if we had any glass ornaments left -- she broke them all the last year in Philadelphia when she knocked the tree down and dragged it into the kitchen. Live and learn.) The tree survived the holiday season and was finally taken to the trash yesterday, leaving thousands of little annoying needles in its wake. I volunteered to clean them up because I get annoyed when I get one stuck in my sock in July. After about an hour of vacuuming, sweeping and picking up needles with my hands, I thought I had them all. This morning, however, I dust busted another 16 little needles from the stairs. Ugh!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely more needles on the ground than left on the tree! And now the house looks HUGE - well, ok, just a tiny bit bigger. jl

    ReplyDelete