Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chicago festivals

I got a comment that reminded me of why I originally started this blog
- to compare my life in the wasteland that is the Midwest to my life
in the utopia that was the northeast. One thing I like about Chicago,
there are a plethora of neighborhoods here and, in the summer, each
one has a street festival. I went to the Andersonville midsommerfest
(forget the fact that the summer has not officially started)
yesterday. In the middle of the typical booths of jewelry and t-shirt
vendors was this booth offering these fabulous desserts. I didn't have
any. And now I'm sort of wishing I had!

2 comments:

  1. That's chocolate covered cheesecake on the left. Not chocolate covered cheese wedges. (I myself was confused). Chicago's street festivals are WAAAAAAYYYY more often and better than Philadelphia, methinks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the list of things I miss from the midwest-- and it is not a long list-- festivals are at the top. Especially Catholic festivals with drinking, gambling, polka and drunken 6:30 mass. Good times..

    ReplyDelete