Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ice cream frozen while you wait!

Now that 2 of the 3 ice cream places in the hood have closed, I tried
a new place called I cream. Sounds a little weird, I know. It was
pretty cool. All the ice cream starts in a plain flavor and you can
pick your flavors. I picked chocolate and raspberry. They injected the
two flavors into the plain base and then used liquid nitrogen to speed
cool the mixture into ice cream. The texture was different - very
light, sort of like it was whipped. Overall, the experience was better
than the product, but given the lack of other choices, I'd go again.

2 comments:

  1. It was so weird! Is liquid nitrogen bad for you in large doses? And why aren't there any other ice cream places nearby??? Also, I Cream sounds kind of dirty for a place that advertises that they do kids birthday parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now I am even less inclined to try it out. it just does not sound right to me. -rs

    ReplyDelete