Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Be it Resolved!

This post is a little late, but Happy New Year! Here is a list of my top 10 resolutions for 2011 - the year of the rabbit, the year of the high five, or the year that the Phillies get back to the World Series! Be it resolved that in 2011, I will endeavor to:

10. Finish reading Thomas Jefferson: The American Sphinx. I lost momentum on this book, but I've picked it back up and I'm rolling along if for no other reason than I want to finish it before having a revolutionary ales party in February.

9. Go to at least one MLB park that I have not yet visited.

8. Finish reading Eastern Religions. I also lost momentum on this book, but I'm ready to knock it out!

7. Clean and organize my closet.

6. Try to learn something new every day.

5. Finish things I start.

4. Eat better. I want to try to take my lunch more and learn to cook with healthier ingredients.

3. Continue to work on my photography. I recently bought a new wide-angle lens. I want to keep learning and experimenting with taking photographs.

2. Get a tattoo. I am close to figuring out what I want the design to be. 2011 is the year.

1. Be kinder to my adopted city of Chicago. I've taken some heat recently for my excessively pro-Philadelphia posts. In my defense, I had just spent a week back on the east coast visiting some of my favorite places in the city and I was suffering from a nostalgia hangover. But, 2011 is a new year! I am turning over a new leaf and I will try to emphasize the things I LIKE about Chicago. (For the record, I will still point out the crazy and stupid things I see on my day to day travels, but they don't tend to be specific to Chicago, but rather merely evidence of a large and diverse body of people living in close quarters exercising their capitalistic, hipster-ific and ridiculistic urges.)

I guess this is a combination of a resolution and a bucket list, but I've typed too much now to go back and change it. So, look out, 2011, we have a lot to do!

2 comments:

  1. #9- have you been to the KC Royals?? i smell a road trip! and a free place to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list! It's not just one resolution, but 10! Although #8 and #10 could fall under #5 if you were looking to condense...

    I especially like #1 from a blogger perspective, and am hoping you blog some of the interesting things you learn through #6 too!

    ReplyDelete