Sunday, October 4, 2009

My apologies to Indiana

Sunday, a day for rest. Or not. I started with a 5k run in Bucktown
that went better than I expected. It's time for me to pick another
race to train for -- maybe a 15k or some other distance that I have
not run. I would really like to try to set a pr in the 5k, but it
might be too late in the season. I know I'm not looking forward to
running on the treadmill this winter because I lost one toenail last
year and it took 8 months to grow back!

Anyway, this post probably should relate to the title, so I'll get
back on track. After the race (and some fantastic banana pancakes), I
headed to Indiana to visit some new friends and take the dog to the
dunes. I stopped at this fine eatery to sample the "alicious" fare,
but they were closed for the season. Slightly disappointed, I stopped
at a convenience store to get a soda and watched the man in front of
me - who was wearing waders - buy a 4-pack of red bull energy drink.
Those fish better look out!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED going to the dunes and running in the sand. While you weren't looking, I ate some shrimp and it was not -alicious. So I got sick and vomited all night long. The end. Love, Inde

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not imagine that shrimp would be very alicious in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete