Sunday, October 4, 2009

A sad day for Chicago

In what can only be interpreted as a rebuke from the international
community, Chicago was the first city cut in the voting for the 2016
summer olympics. I walked through the courtyard at the Daley center
about an hour after the crowds dispersed. I was sad to see the
colorful "2016" signs come down. This was perhaps the saddest image of
the day for me. I couldn't help but think that we, as a country, have
a long way to go to regain the respect and friendship of the rest of
the world.

2 comments:

  1. I get that the white inflatable thing is a medal. But what exactly is the black sculpture in my plaza? Mayor Daley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so sure that losing the bid was because past presidents have f-ed up international relations. I agree that they have, but am not sure that's why the IOC voted how they did....jl

    ReplyDelete