Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wasted opportunities

Just a few words of unsolicited advice - check your cable bill. You
just might find out some disturbing news. For example, my cable bill
went up by $15 this month, so I took a look at the bill details. Lo
and behold, I found out I was charged for Nuevo selecto / playboy (or
the Spanish channels plus the Playboy channel). Outraged, I called
comcast to find out what the deal was. Turns out that the "deal" was
that I had the Spanish channels and the Playboy channel for FREE for
the last 12 months and didn't know it! Are you kidding? Talk about
lost opportunities. In what will go down in my autobiography as one
of the greatest lost opportunities of all time, the Playboy channel
has been cancelled and the charge for the thirteenth month has been
credited to my account. The moral of the story is: channel surf! Make
sure you know the contents of your package or at least scrutinize your bill.

2 comments:

  1. My husband finds your second to last sentence rather heterosexist. jl

    ReplyDelete