Saturday, November 28, 2009

Summer?

I was perusing the deli section of the grocery store this evening (I
know, what a boring life I lead that I am at the grocery store on a
Saturday night before going home for leftovers) and I saw this
appetizing preserved meat product. The Midwest is sort of crazy about
questionable meat products that it grinds up and stuffs inside casing,
but this takes it one step too far. Summer sausage shaped like a
football, with real stitching? Are you kidding me? They take their
football pretty seriously, too, except the Bears (they stink). I was
channel surfing while eating my leftovers and stumbled across high
school football in high definition. I swear my life was more exciting
when I lived on the east coast. Summer sausage, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment