Thursday, October 7, 2010

My renewed blogging effort (installment 1)

About a week ago, I decided that I was going to try to get back on the blogging horse, so to speak. Then, I proceeded to no post any entries for ten days. I feel compelled, not to make excuses, but to offer an explanation.

I used to walk to one train station, take photos of interesting stuff along the way and then blog about it on the way to work. Then, two things changed. First, I changed my commuting route - taking a bus that stops near my house and riding it to a different train stop. Why does this matter? Because very little of interest happens in those 50 yards, that's why. Second, I started reading - books. I just finished Wolf Hall, which a colleague loaned me. (We are both sort of history geeks, believe it or not. She also loaned me a book on Thomas Jefferson, which is next up on the list.) So, I am now seeing fewer outlandish Midwestern things and having less time to write about them. (On a related note, my job is now pretty much 9-5 with the state and no longer requires crazy long hours and a partial surrender of control of my free time / life. Despite this reduced schedule, I cannot manage to find free time to check my email or blog about my adopted city.)

All that is going to change. I am going to make a concerted effort to blog every day. For a while. Or at least on average, I've saved up some ideas and I'm ready to unload. (also, I finished my book on the train and didn't bring the next one) So, if you're still reading, strap on your helmet and get ready for a flurry of blog activity!

Here we go - potato chips. How does this relate to the Philly vs. Chicago theme? This one is easy. Far and away, my favorite chips are Herr's BBQ; they have no rival. A while back, I met a friend for lunch and the place made their own chips. They tasted ok, not as good as my Herr's, but. Check out the bag. I'm sold on the sultry piratey woman. Arrgghhh! Now, if Herr's would replace its plain gold bag with something like this, maybe they could expand their market to the Midwest! Please!

1 comment:

  1. Mama Zuma looks like quite a pirate - or perhaps she is a wench?? What do pirates have to do with potato chips??

    ReplyDelete