Monday, October 11, 2010

What is this?

I saw this sign on my walk a few days ago. I'm not sure whether this is a new bagel place in the 'hood or not, but why call it Fat Bagel? We all know that bagels are mostly carbs but we love them anyway. If you want me to eat there, how about calling it New York bagels? We all know that the best bagels in the world come from New York City. A bagel off a street cart in NY beats any bagel I've had in Chicago, hands down, not even the same ballpark. And, Philly is close enough to NYC (some people even call it the sixth borough - which I'm not sure I like, but that is for another post) that they know how to make real bagels. Sorry, Chicago, point Philly. Ask any of my other displaced east coast friends, and I now have a few!

Philly 4. Chicago 1.

3 comments:

  1. I call BS. The bagels in New York are better because of the water. Philly water is not New York water. I don't think the bagels are as good and if neither city can meet New York quality, then neither should get a point. This blog is totally biased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That sign is at the store. Fat Bagel is part of the new Forever Yogurt place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm totally with you - i miss bagels and pizza from back east

    ReplyDelete