Monday, October 25, 2010

Sadness.

I realize that I was going to try to blog more often, but then I have not posted anything in almost two weeks. Hmm. I'm not doing so well. I'm going to try again; I should have some more free time now that the baseball playoffs are over. Well, they are not exactly over, except for my team.

It was with great sadness that I watched game 6 of the NLCS. The Phillies are my favorite team, even since the move to Chicago. I watched as Ryan Howard stood there looking at the third strike - with two runners on in the bottom of the ninth. I guess I should not have expected anything different - he had zero RBIs in the post-season and 12 strikeouts in the NLCS. The worst part of the whole thing is that Pat Burrell, former Phillies left fielder, is going to the world series with the Giants. Are you kidding me? Ugh!

I am a true Phillies fan. I will curse them out now and through the post-season as the team fails to re-sign Jayson Werth, but I will cheer for them again next year. For now, however, that was a heartbreaking loss to an inferior team. Shame on you, Phillies.

1 comment: