Monday, March 1, 2010

New month, same story

Two months of unemployment are behind me and I actually have a start date of 3/22 to return to work, but it was no easier to get out of bed this morning than it was in February. I was left with a "to do" list of about 10 things, in addition to my list of projects I would like to complete before I go back to work, but I just did not want to get up to do any of it. Inde and KC made it even harder because they jumped up on the bed and curled up next to me. I think they are very perceptive or intuitive animals because they have been looking out for me these last few weeks. Eventually I got out of bed to start my day, but I'm still sitting at the computer even after I finished paying my bills. I decided not to turn the heat on because if I get cold, maybe I'll go out and run my errands.

I have not had this much time to reflect on my life in quite a while. Although I may not have liked my job at the law firm all the time, it did keep me busy - same routine every day, often weekends, too. And then one day I woke up and realized that none of it really made a difference. And when I left, they just plugged someone else in and kept going without me, but me, I feel sort of like Major Tom. Listening to all the music I am converting from vinyl to digital has brought back a lot of memories, which may be contributing to my malaise. No answers, only questions and doubts. And unorganized rambling.

1 comment:

  1. Ground Control to Major Tom: You are not a space oddity. You are a Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto.

    ReplyDelete