Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The busiest day of the year for the U.S. Post office

'tis the season! Today was the last day for mailing things at the
post office for guaranteed delivery in time for Christmas. As you can
see, a number of Chicagoans were willing to brave long lines to snail
mail items to loved ones across the country. I like to skip the
holiday rush and opt for New Year's cards. This is also convenient for
the procrastinator in me. This picture does not do the line justice -
it snakes around inside for about 50 people in addition to the 25-30
who were lined up outside. I wonder if they are familiar with
stamps.com or ordering on the Internet and shipping it directly. Bah,
humbug!

1 comment:

  1. I have a growing fear that soon there will be no post offices, so even though I pity the people standing in line for hours, I'm happy that the good old pony express is getting a holiday boost. I'm also glad we shopped online!jl

    ReplyDelete