Friday, February 26, 2010

I envy my pets

I used to be jealous that Inde and KC had all day to sit around and do nothing. Since I have spent the last two months unemployed, however, I am no longer jealous about that. I am jealous that Inde and KC seem to be quite skilled sleepers, something I am not. Inde gets up with me, walks down the stairs, jumps up on the couch, curls up and is right back asleep. She spends about 20 hours a day sleeping. And KC, well, she sleeps about 22 hours a day. Actually, I'm not sure she is ever awake! Me, I wake up in the middle of the night and my mind is going a mile a minute thinking about all kinds of crazy things. Really, what do I have to think about? I'm not really doing anything. And when I try to go back to sleep, I can't. I've tried this technique I used in law school to help me visualize being asleep, but that has not worked lately. Maybe once I start working again my brain will be tired at night from working during the day and I will be able to sleep better. I sure hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Is it napping or sleeping that the pets are doing? I'm not a bad sleeper, but I am terrible at napping. I need to dedicate myself to getting better at this important life skill. I'm starting right now.

    ReplyDelete