Friday, February 19, 2010

Things I like about Chicago / the Midwest: 4-7

Back to an old theme / request: name ten things I actually like about
Chicago and/or the Midwest.

4. The city skyline. This is not my favorite view, but it is the
easiest for me to access.

5. Lake Michigan. In 2009, the lake never warmed up for good
swimming, but 2008 was awesome. I was in the lake the last week of
September, not just wading but up past my waist while inde was swimming.

6. The lake shore trail, when it is not crowded. This reminds me of
the trail by the Schuykill River in the best city in the world.

7. Screwing St. Louis. When I look out into the lake, I see the intake
towers for the city water supply and I'm reminded of how the engineers
reversed the flow of the Chicago River and sent the Chicago sludge
south to St. Louis. Well done.

I will think long and hard to see if I can come up with three more
things I like about Chicago. Feel free to help me.

1 comment: