Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The birthday no hitter that wasn't

This is a picture of a ticket (and the game ball) commemorating a no
hitter that was thrown by Kevin Millwood. You see, I had tickets to
that game because I had season tickets that year. Needless to say, it
was a beautiful day and the Phillies (and Millwood) were playing
poorly. It was also my birthday. So, I decided not to spend a day in
agony at the Vet watching Millwood blow up, so we got rid of the
tickets and took off for some other better destinatons. I don't
remember how I spent that birthday, but I'll never forget that I
missed a no hitter. That goes down as one of my all-time best
decisions. That and buying a Betamax player.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that's a really sad story, East Coaster. I think your decision to celebrate your birthday in Vegas this year makes up for it. Or maybe not...

    ReplyDelete