Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 2 - complete

So I have actually been doing a lot of thinking on my trip, which was
the point. I'm not sure if I have learned anything about myself, but I
have collected a few thoughts that I would like to share.

1. Like any journey, a road trip is easier with a navigator to help
you figure out which way to go. But if you don't have one, you will
still get somewhere.
2. Missouri, unlike Illinois, is not flat. It may, however, be boring.
3. Illinois tries to make up for its budget shortage through excessive
ticketing for speeding. The car in front of me, which had just passed
me, got pulled over last night doing approximately 73 in a 65. At
first I thought we were both getting pulled over, but I unfurled my
Obama/Biden banner and sped safely by.
4. I need to focus more on doing what makes me happy.
5. I will try to figure out my next career move/ change over the next
few months, but it's ok for me not to know what is next.
6. I would like to have more contact with my family. This one should
be pretty easy as I'm sure they would like to hear from me
occasionally, too! (except for that motorcycle thing)
7. Thinking back to number 1, I'm not sure a navigator would have
allowed this liberal educated northeastern agnostic to be staying in a
hotel that shares a parking lot with a very large and neon signed
church and a guns, knives and ammo store in the buckle of the Bible
belt. All kidding aside, I always get a little nervous below the mason
dixon line. I guess I just have to get used to the fact that not
everyone is happy with the outcome of that war of northern agression.

I'm ending with another picture of the arch because it is cool and
perhaps a symbol of a gateway to a newer and better me.

Thanks for reading this far.

1 comment:

  1. I like them all, but contest #2. Isn't Missouri where the Kate Smith stalactite theater was? Not boring. Also a Titanic museum. Again, not boring. Finally, Missouri is the Show-Me state. Enough said. JL

    ReplyDelete