Friday, September 4, 2009

The scene of the crime

I learned a number of things today quite by accident, most of them
right on this rock.
1. Even dry rocks can be slippery
2. If you have hiking shoes, wear them hiking rather than your running
shoes. Similarly, if you have hiking sandals and will be climbing
around water, wear the sandals rather than your running shoes.
3. If your camera has a padded waterproof bag, put the camera in it
while walking on large rocks to cross a stream.
4. If you have to slip and fall and put your hand in the water, don't
do it in a stream that is unsafe to drink because of a high volume of
pollutants from the bat guana mentioned in a previous post.
5. If you have to fall and look silly in front of a family of
tourists, best to do it in front of a French family because the French
already know they are superior to americans.
6. If you go on a self-discovery road trip and don't tell your mother,
she'll figure it out anyway.
7. If you are pretty sure about your driving instructions, don't pull
into an information welcome center because you will run over a nail
and wreck a tire. Just keep driving, you'll get there (or somewhere)
eventually. (maybe I'm just a little salty because I dropped $275 on
two new tires to replace tires I bought in November and also got
delayed so much that I did not make it home tonight so I had to pay
another $100 for a hotel room and free breakfast. Basically, I ran
over a $400 nail.)

2 comments:

  1. I bet that French family put the nail in front of your tire so you would run over it as you drove away.

    Or, alternatively, running over the nail activated some kind of GPS mom-alert. #6 is my favorite. JL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! The science (and art?) of falling, or should that be not falling(?) on rocks. I took copious notes.
    My favorite post. RS

    ReplyDelete