Monday, September 21, 2009

Urban assault ride

Sunday was an interesting (and fun) day. We had signed up for the New
Belgium urban assault ride. It was sort of like a bike race /
scavenger hunt through the city. We biked 3 miles to the start line,
then biked about 20 miles around the city to various checkpoints where
we performed random tasks (e.g., a modified three-legged race). We
finished at the same place we started and had one task left - ride a
big wheel around a course. It was lots of fun. I made at least one
mistake, however. Or maybe it was 6 mistakes. After 23 miles of biking
on an empty stomach, I thought it was a good idea to have a few (6)
beers. Needless to say, that was about 5 too many. Overall, everyone
had a good time and I think we will do it again next year in some
crazy costumes. Someone suggested Catholic school girl outfits, but
there was already a team of them this year. If you have any
suggestions, please post them here!

2 comments:

  1. In hindsight, I'm pretty sure the ride assaulted us. jl

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe Hurl scouts? That is my Halloween story (whip it reference). Can I be on your team?

    ReplyDelete